Who Would be Interested:
- The outdoor enthusiast, the Appalachian Trail Hiker that loves the AT community, the Learner, the Skilled, the Talented, the Patient, the Young, or the Retired.
- If you smile when things get rough and are willing to work long hours in numerous types of situations.
- Are able to take direction well.. and are self motivated
- A non-smoker and drug free...
- Love people... and work well with others.
- It is helpful if you have gardening, carpentry, cooking, cleaning, animal husbandry, bee keeping, weed eating, experience.. but if you don't we'll take your positive attitude and open mind over any of these skills which can be learned.
- Sleeping arrangements: You must be suited well for the great outdoors. A space for tenting or your bus/van is provided. Unheated shelters are also be available to you.
- Communal Meals: Meals are an integral part of the Wood's Hole experience. We enjoy sitting, communing, and enjoying food together. The preparation and clean up of the meals is a highlight of the hostel.
- If you are a couple and feel this experience would work well for you both, please don't hesitate to inquire.
- For those volunteering for Long Periods, One Day Off Each Week is Given and Encouraged.
What will you gain from this experience:
You will learn the innards of working a hostel, as well as a farm. No two days are alike, so what you will learn, we can not say, but the hands on education ten fold. The experience forever rewarding.
How To Inquire:
Feel free to shoot us an email with your interest and time frame of interest. Also, be sure to friend us on Facebook, so we can get to know you better. Typically, we look for help during the Spring Months and the Fall Months.
Woods Hole Hostel
3696 Sugar Run Road
Pearisburg, VA 24134
(540) 921 3444