Who Should Apply
- If you smile when things get rough and are willing to work long hours in numerous types of pressure...
- Are able to take direction well.. and self motivated
- A non-smoker and drug free...
- Love people... and work well with others.
- It is helpful if you have gardening, carpentry, cooking, cleaning, animal husbandry, bee keeping, lawn mowing experience.. but if you don't we'll take your positive attitude and open mind over any of these skills which can be learned.
- Beginning sometime in March and ending sometime in July.. Longer is possible but not certain..
- Stipend: The stipend is $100/week, excluding the first week of setting roots. Payable after each committed month.
- Sleeping arrangements: You must be suited well for the great outdoors. A space for tenting or your bus/van is provided. Unheated shelters may also be available to you.
- Meals: Meals are an integral part of the Wood's Hole experience. We enjoy sitting, communing, and enjoying food together. The preparation and clean up of the meals is a highlight of the hostel.
- If you are a couple and feel this experience would work well for you both, please don't hesitate to apply.
What will you gain from this experience:
You will learn the innards of working a hostel, as well as a farm. The education ten fold. The experience forever rewarding. Some pay to go to school... you get paid to learn. We'll show and hopefully teach you all that we have learned about animal husbandry, organic gardening, fence building, harvesting, cooking, cleaning, problem solving, and more. The possibilities are endless.
We don't want to work you too hard. So we strive to communicate. We will work into the weekly grind of your hard work some time off - for you and for us. Our strong determination is to be good communicators so neither of us tire of what we love about this great adventure called life.
How to Apply:
1. Please email or mail a letter of interest explaining in
your own voice why you feel compelled to work with us.
2. Please include a resume with pictures.
3. Please include 2-3 references with phone numbers.
4. Please friend us on Facebook so that we can get to know
Deadline for 2014
We plan to decide on an intern by January 2013. If you are interested in this opportunity please send the above information as soon as possible.
Woods Hole Hostel
3696 Sugar Run Road
Pearisburg, VA 24134
(540) 921 3444