If you think working in the mud is fun or digging holes for who knows why or what reason for.. you might consider working with us.
Who Should Apply
- If you smile when things get rough and are willing to work long hours in numerous types of pressure...
- Have a great dedication to the outdoors...
- Are able to take direction well.. and self motivated
- A non-smoker and drug free...
- Are willing to work 5 days with out pay to determine if this really does suit your dreamy eyed self...
- Love people... and work well with others.
- It is helpful if you have gardening, carpentry, cooking, cleaning, animal husbandry, bee keeping, lawn mowing experience.. but if you don't we'll take your positive attitude and open mind over any of these skills which can be learned.
- Beginning sometime in March and ending sometime in November..
- Stipend: The pay is $100 each week, excluding the first 5 days of setting roots.
- Sleeping arrangements: You must be suited well for the great outdoors. In nicer weather, a space for tenting or your bus/van is provided. In colder weather, we are still addressing this. I.E. you must be willing to rough it... and we'll see what we can do from there.
What will you gain from this experience:
You will learn the innards of working a hostel, as well as a farm. The education ten fold. The experience forever rewarding. Some pay to go to school... you get paid to learn. We'll show and hopefully teach you all that we have learned about animal husbandry, organic gardening, fence building, harvesting, cooking, cleaning, problem solving, and more. The possibilities are endless.
We don't want to work you too hard. So we strive to communicate. We will work into the weekly grind of your hard work some time off - for you and for us. Our strong determination is to be good communicators so neither of us tire of what we love about this great adventure called life.
How to Apply:
1. Please email or mail a letter of interest explaining in
your own voice why you feel compelled to work with us.
2. Please include a resume with pictures.
3. Please include 2-3 references
4. Please friend us on facebook so that we can get to know you better since it is very unlikely we will get to meet you in person prior to your internship trial.
Deadline for 2013
We plan to decide on an intern by January 19, 2013. If you are interested in this opportunity please send the above information as soon as possible.
Woods Hole Hostel
3696 Sugar Run Road
Pearisburg, VA 24134
(540) 921 3444